Monday, August 1, 2011

Door Turned Headboard

I was wanting a change in the master bedroom and I had this wonderful French door that my dear friend from Highpoint Circle gave me.  Since the door would not work in my house on any closet or doorway, I had to get creative.  I put a coat of white paint on it and turned it into a headboard.



Here is a picture of the door before I got hold of it.

I put one coat of white paint on it, let it dry for 24 hours, then sanded to the the effect I wanted.  My husband attached it to the wall with 4 small L-brackets.

We put the door knob hole on the bottom so it would not show.


And here is the finished product.  I am really happy with the way it turned out.



 Linking this post to:



5 comments:

  1. I love the creativity. Great door too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That headboard is just A DOOR ABLE,
    I love it!

    And that cookie recipie is on my to bake list!

    Ciao Bella!

    CREATIVE CARMELINA

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't think of a better way to use that door ... it looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...